Air Conditioner Replacement Services in Colorado Springs, CO
Trust Absolute Comfort to Keep You Cool
Colorado Springs is known for its cold winters, but it can also get pretty warm during the summers. For that reason, it’s critical to choose the right contractor for your AC replacement. Absolute Comfort is the team to turn to when you need air conditioning replacement in the Pikes Peak region. Our experienced and trusted contractors will install a new air conditioning unit in your home to ensure you stay cool and comfortable all summer long. Contact us today to learn more and schedule your free consultation.
When to Consider Air Conditioning Replacement
The trusted team at Absolute Comfort can repair or replace your existing AC unit. The big question to ask is if it’s time to have your air conditioner replaced or if having it repaired would be a better option. Your home’s AC system works hard every summer, but eventually, they all wear down to the point of needing to be replaced. An excellent way to help your AC unit last longer is by taking advantage of Absolute Comfort’s AC checkup and tune-up service each year. You can have your air conditioner repaired until it no longer makes sense to do so cost-wise. Check out these factors that help determine whether it’s time to replace your current air conditioner:
- Age – The average air conditioner lasts 10 to 15 years, even with regular maintenance. If you’ve had your AC for more than 15 years, it’s likely to break down rapidly and lose efficiency. It’s just a matter of time, so replacing it with a new, more energy-efficient unit makes sense.
- Frequency of Repairs – If you find yourself calling for AC repairs more than twice a year, it’s probably time to replace your system. The same holds true if you are paying more than $500 a year in repair services. Replacement is a cost-effective option in either of these two cases.
- Uneven Cooling – If you’ve had your air conditioner for a while and you’ve noticed certain rooms are too hot, your AC is likely starting to fail. This is especially true if it used to effectively cool your home.
- Rising Utility Bills – If you’ve noticed an upward trend in your monthly energy bills during the summer, there’s probably something wrong with your air conditioner. Instead of paying so much for electricity, you’d be better off having your AC unit replaced with one that’ll cost much less to operate.
- Outdated Refrigerant – R22 refrigerant, R22 freon, or HCFC-22 freon has been deemed by the government as an environmental danger because it contributes to the depletion of the ozone layer. Restrictions on R22 have been issued by the U.S. government and R22 refrigerant must be eliminated from use in cooling systems by the year 2020.
How to Choose the Right Contractor for AC Replacement
Choosing the right contractor for your commercial or residential AC replacement is essential. When selecting an AC replacement company, you’ll want to take many factors into account, including AC replacement cost. Take a few moments to find out what else you should be looking for before you hire an AC replacement contractor in Colorado Springs:
- Reviews – Check out reviews from independent sources like Google or from the Better Business Bureau. It even helps to ask friends and neighbors what their experiences were like. Going with an honest and reliable company with a positive reputation can make all the difference.
- Size – Much like Goldilocks, you want to find an AC replacement company whose size is just right. A big box store typically uses large subcontractors who aren’t even located in your city. On the other hand, a one-person shop might not be able to answer when you call for emergency service.
- Price – Some HVAC contractors charge too much because they’re only in it for the profit, but others don’t charge enough and don’t take the time to get the job done right. Remember, you get what you pay for.
- Other Factors – If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Many reputable companies have special offers, and AC manufacturers often offer rebates to customers. Just make sure there aren’t any hidden fees! Take your time in making a decision, especially one as big as having a new air conditioner installed. Don’t allow someone to pressure you into making your decision on the spot, and find a team you feel comfortable with.
The Benefits of Choosing Absolute Comfort
When you choose Absolute Comfort, you’re getting just that – absolute comfort! We’ve been providing services in Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region since 1988, so you know we’re not some fly-by-night operation. We have financing options available to help you get the new air conditioner you need today. Our team of highly trained and certified technicians puts an emphasis on customer service, and we keep you informed during the process. We can replace all brands and models of air conditioners, and we’re accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Our air conditioner replacement company is locally owned and operated, and we also specialize in AC repair and checkup service, as well as heating installation and repair, water heaters, air purification systems, humidifiers, and solar options.
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
Whether you know it’s time to replace your air conditioner, or you suspect the time may be near, you can rely on Absolute Comfort to get the job done right. We install the top brands of air conditioners, designed to save you money by being more energy-efficient than your current AC system. Contact us today for a free estimate.
Why Absolute Comfort?
- Well Trained Technicians
- Serving the Pike Peak Region Since 1988
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Professional, Prompt, and Courteous
- Service and Repair all Brands and Models
- Accredited Business BBB Southern Colorado
- Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association
- Pikes Peak Mechanical Contractors Association (PPMCA)